Operations & Maintenance
WHAT DOES THE OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE SERVICE OFFER?
The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) offers a wide variety of services to Ontario First Nations and tribal councils. The OFNTSC’s Operations and Maintenance Service works with communities and tribal councils to provide:
- Support for AANDC Reporting Systems: Integrated Capital Management System (ICMS), Asset Conditioning Reporting System (ACRS), ACRS Terms of Reference, Capital Asset Inventory System (CAIS), Capital Management Database (CMDB) Maintenance Management Systems (MMS), Asset Management Systems (AMS), Conditional Assessment & Housing Database (CAHD), O&M Forecasting Model for Water and Wastewater plants, Tangible Capital Assets (TCA)
- Updates on Federal Government O&M policies & reporting requirements
- Public Sector Accounting Board changes and reporting requirements
- Recording, tracking, assessments and evaluation of current capital assets
- Asset Assessments
- Methods for improving asset O&M funding levels
Services offered by the OFNTSC are free of charge to First Nations and tribal councils in Ontario. Please note that there are costs associated to attend training sessions, conferences and symposiums. Contact us today, to see how we can assist you.
BENEFITS OF USING THE OFNTSC’s OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE SERVICE
- Improved asset efficiency
- Enhanced maintenance management plans
- Reporting on time for government reporting systems
- Upgraded funding for asset life cycles
- Awareness of new approaches to asset management and principles
- In-depth understanding of asset life cycle; and extending life cycle
- Infrastructure maintained properly for future generational use
The OFNTSC’s Operations and Maintenance Service will be working on these priorities for the next fiscal year:
- O&M liaison for improvements on reporting guide (Support First Nations in their reporting requirements for impacts on Indigenous Services Canada)
- O&M asset management strategy, education and awareness (training to be provided to First Nations on funding, reporting tools and best practices)
Maintenance Management Plan (development of templates for standard and routine maintenance, samples of industry best practices, ensure maintenance management plan complies with current reporting guide)
If you have any questions in regards to the services offered by the OFNTSC, we invite you to make contact with one of our service centres. Please contact the Service Centre geographically located closest to you.
Toll Free: 1-888-892-8281