The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation is mandated by 133 Ontario First Nations.
Working together for a sustainable future. First Nations working for First Nations.
We are a technical advisory service for the 133 First Nations and 16 tribal councils in Ontario.
The OFNTSC provides services in Climate Change, Circuit Rider Training Program, Communications, Emergency Planning, Environment, Engineering, Fuel Systems Management, Fire and Safety, Housing, Infrastructure, Operations and Maintenance, Water and Wastewater and our Water and Wastewater Specialist Service. Read More
- Circuit Rider Training Program (CRTP)
- Energy and Climate Change
- Fuel Systems
- Emergency Planning
- Operations and Maintenance
- Water and Wastewater
- Water and Wastewater Specialist Service
- Project planning
- Project management
- Capital planning
- Terms of reference development
- Quality assurance
- Engineering services for small and large projects (planning, design, construction, and commissioning)
OFNTSC NEWS & BULLETINS
FN PIEVC Infrastructure Resilience Toolkit Training Workshops
Please be advised that the registration forms for our FN PIEVC Infrastructure Resilience Toolkit Training Workshops are currently… Read More
OFNTSC Monthly Bulletin: March /April 2019
Rob Olivier, Our Friend and Colleague It is with great sadness that the OFNTSC is announcing the passing of an Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation…Read More
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact our Brantford Office:
TECHNATIONS: August 26-28 2019
Quarterly Newsletter: Sept-Dec 2018
- Strategic Direction.
- Policy Position Papers.
- New OFNTSC Brand/Website.
- FNPIEVC Assest Management Workshops Announced.
- OFNTSC ATC Wrap-up.
- Entry level course for First Nation water plant operators.
- Student Achievement Award Winners.
- Annual Conference – Tech Nations 2019.
- New Boards Members
Statement on the passing of OFNTSC Engineer Rob Oliver:
UPDATE – March 6, 2019: The OFNTSC is providing an update on the passing of Rob Olivier. It was Rob’s wish to have a small, private funeral service for his immediate family only. In lieu of a public service and flowers, it was Rob’s final wish to have money sent to the OFNTSC to support First Nation educational attainment. In that regard, the OFNTSC will be creating a Rob Olivier Memorial Scholarship Fund which will be used to support Ontario First Nation students. All wishing to make a donation to this worthwhile cause can e-transfer money to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail (via cheque) to OFNTSC, 111 Peter St., Suite 606, Toronto, ON M5V 2H1. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact Colin French, Communications Officer, 416 651 1443 ext. 245.
COMMUNICATIONS PAGE COMING SOON
Supporting Ontario First Nations with technical services since 1995.
Strategic Plan Priorities
Along with twelve core services, the OFNTSC will continue to support First Nations in Capital Project Planning, quality assurance, training, architectural support and services. The OFNTSC engineers and technicians often work with Chiefs & Councils, Directors of Technical Services/Public Works, Band Administrators, Water Plant Operators, Emergency and Response personnel, provincial and federal ministries.
reconThe OFNTSC is responsible to report to Chiefs-in-Assembly (Annual Report) once a year, and report’s to tribal council technical service units (Board Members), Large First Nations (Board Members), and Unaffiliated First Nations (Board Members) three times a year. In addition, the OFNTSC’s strategic plan identified a number of stakeholders that have a profound impact on the direction of the OFNTSC.
- Organizational Stability: organizational review and restructuring to ensure long-term sustainability
- Mandated Core Services: supporting First Nations and tribal councils with community development by becoming a total solution provider
- Community Development: ensure consistent delivery of mandated core services to improve standard of living for First Nations
- Client Focus: improve client focus and satisfaction
Technical Services & Capacity Development
The OFNTSC Mandate
Mandated by Ontario First Nations Chiefs-in-Assembly to provide advisory level technical services to Ontario’s Tribal Councils, Large First Nations, and Unaffiliated First Nations.
Email us for more information: